Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Internet is working at home and Michele is cooking supper, so I'm going to try to post some pics from Groom. I'll do a few separate posts in case it decides to shut down on me.

I'll start with cross pictures because I like them. For those who don't know, Groom is home to the tallest free-standing cross in the Western Hemisphere. I don't know if you can tell how tall it really is from the pictures. It was evening, so we got to use the sun for some nice effects.

The cross stands in a large circle that is surrounded
by a progression of scenes of Jesus carrying the cross.

The shadow of the cross. That's a great song, by the way.



After you make the entire circle, there is a depiction of the

last supper and then up a hill, the crucifixion.

A view of the cross from the hill.

There were a couple more, but it kept cutting off before it finished uploading, so I'm going to try to post this much and maybe add the rest later.

3 comments:

Genny said...

Amazing pictures. I love the first one where the sun is completely behind the cross. Very nice. More, please.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now! Love the pictures!

Barb said...

That's pretty cool!