Tuesday, August 28, 2007

SUDS!!

I don't think I even had time to share this with anyone personally while I was there this weekend, so I'll do it here. I was met upon my return to F.W. with Michael telling me the dishwasher was leaking. It's fairly new, so I was a little concerned that it was already broken. Anyway, I pulled it out and started it running so I could check all the hoses. I didn't see anything leaking, so I just let it keep running to see what would happen. I did think it was odd that the water coming through the hose to the top spin-sprayer look very foamy, but since I don't usually have it pulled out and uncovered, was willing to see what that was about. So I'm cooking supper, and suddenly, I see foam start pouring out the bottom of the door and washing across the floor. When I opened the door, there was foam all the way to the top. It was like an "I Love Lucy" episode, (sort of). So after I ran for towels to stop the flow, I called Michael downstairs and asked who had started it and what kind of soap they had used. He asked, and the guy who had done it (who shall remain nameless, because I'm just thrilled somebody there washes the dishes) came and said that he thought it was one of several bottles that he pointed out under the sink, none of which were made for the dishwasher. It was somewhat strange because he's used the dishwasher before many times (as I said, he's the only one who really keeps the dishes washed). I think he felt really bad, but I just thought it was very funny. It takes way more than that to get me worked up and I was thrilled it wasn't broken. Anyway, after about 5-6 runnings(?) of the dishwasher, we were finally foam free and ready to wash. And that was one very clean load of dishes. So hopefully everyone will choose dishwashing soap carefully from now on. Michele and I didn't think to take pictures until about halfway through the defoaming process, so they aren't as impressive as they could have been, but you can get the general idea.






Notice how few dishes guys consider to be a full load. But, as I said, I'm just glad someone washes them.

Guys - gotta love 'em (I guess) - I've certainly got more than my fair share of them.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! That's a lot of suds. But as you say, at least the dishes are washed. Too funny!

Genny said...

Very funny. Impressive how many bubbles the wrong kind of soap can make! Just add some theme music and you can have your own sitcom.

Anonymous said...

You make me feel so much better about my own mishaps! I''m just glad to know that men wash dishes, even if they do it wrong. Do you have a sitcom or a "soap opera"? =)