Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas

Well the day is over and everyone is in bed. It's been an unusual Christmas. It was our first Christmas in Brownwood in our new house. It was our first Christmas that Michael wasn't living with us. We were all a little excited waiting for him to arrive on Christmas Eve. We love spending time with him. Aaron was extremely excited about everything this year. He woke us all about 7:00 yelling "Wake up, wake up Christmas it here!" over and over. So we got up and checked our stockings. (We open presents on Christmas eve in what Mark claims is a very messed up Christmas tradition and what had Santa having to make two visits to our house as I was growing up. We never questioned how he managed that. It is a little strange.) We took Christmas PJ pictures - Michele's one request for this year. I used to take them when they were all little. We watched old Christmas videos which were soooo cute and completely hysterical. Unfortunately, right before lunch time Michael suddenly fell quite ill. He spent the rest of the day semiconscious on our floor. The height of the beds made him sicker or something. He finally felt well enough to move to the floor of Michele's room tonight. Michele's is taking the couch for the night. I hate when my kids are sick. And there was nothing we could do for him. He slept a good part of the day. We're still not sure why he's sick. I still think it may be that he's completely run down from just working too hard at everything. I'm hoping he can get rested and healthy before he has to go back to school on top of working full time. He'll be forced to rest this week since there's not a lot to do here anyway, and being sick, he doesn't feel like doing anything anyway. The rest of the day was mostly checking on him and wishing we could help.

I still enjoyed this Christmas and the chance to be together.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

2 comments:

Paige said...

wow - sorry for the illness at Christmastime - that's always a bummer, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway (for the most part)!

Camilla Millar said...

Melissa, your little (Tricia's oldest) neice here. Pappy (do you call him Frank--he'll always be pappy even though it sounds ridiculous coming from an adult)let me know about your site, and I couldn't fall asleep tonight, so I finally searched and found you. You have an amazing way with words, and I am thrilled to read more about my mostly-unknown cousins. I am also impressed at your computer skills--mom doesn't even know how to type!

I am glad that Christmas was mostly good. I loook forward to reading more of your blog, but I just yawned and should take this as a sign I should hit the sack.

On a last note, I recently found the stuffed animals you gave to the twins about 4 years ago when mom, Erin,and I were out to visit-- they are darling, so a very belated thank you!