Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet 'Chele!

http://dl10.glitter-graphics.net/pub/405/405780xm09f0mmjz.jpg

My baby girl is 17 today! My only girl. The calm in the storm that is sometimes our life. It's gone so fast. She'll be leaving us soon, and I'd like to keep her around longer. She's always been my little cup of joy, making everything in my life a little brighter. God has blessed me so much with my children. I say that alot, I know, but they really are about as good as kids can get. The love me, they love each other, they love God. If I don't do anything else in this life of much importance, I will leave behind children who will make this world better, brighter - and hopefully, above all, continue to please God and follow after him. And I know Michele will be a bright spot wherever she goes. Thank you my sweet girl for being such a blessing. I hope this, your 18th year, is one of fun and blessings for you - better than all the ones before. You deserve it.

I love you! And I'll never stop thanking God for blessing us with you.

(Note - I'm not sure what's going on with Blogger, but I posted this on the 14th - at about 12:05 - just barely the 14th, but still. Not sure why blogger says it's the 13th, but lest there be confusion on anyone's part, Hannah Michele Davis was born on April 14, 1992 which does indeed make her birthday today, regardless of blogger's confusion on the issue.)

(Another note - not only is she sweet, but she's funny too - check it out - justachele.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-am-sixteen-going-on-seventeen.html

4 comments:

Michele Davis said...

AWW, mom! you blogged just for me! :) You're a pretty amazing mom too! I love you! :)

Camilla Millar said...

I long to be able to say the same things about my kids: that they are good people and good servants of Christ. . . .I'm not so sure about the getting along thing right now. . . .time will tell?

I agree that if there is anything in life I want to do well, it is to have no regrets as a mom.

I kindof felt like crying when you said Michele will be gone soon--I also feel a special bond with my little girl, I don't look forward to the day that she leaves, either.

Genny said...

Michele -- one of the best kids in the world EVER. Except that she's really not a kid is she? I should say young woman. Hope you had a terrific birthday.

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …