Thursday, September 27, 2007

No Prince

Michele and Aaron and I were in Michele's room today looking on the internet for something that Aaron wanted to buy and we heard him making kissing sounds. We turned to see him kissing one of Michele's many frogs. He said, "I'm kissing it to see if it will turn into a prince.... It's not." with this serious expression. So he tries one more time and then says "Nope - still the same." and then he tosses is over his shoulder. He had this little twinkle in his eye. I'm sure you had to be there, but it was so funny if you were. I think back to the days when trying to get any eye contact or any language from him was practically impossible and now he's a comedian. Of course then a few minutes later he was inconsolable in tears because I got orange soda instead of grape - oops. (I tried to make a guess at the store and guessed wrong - I should know better by now. I mean what are cell phones for?) It's the whole "gotta keep even numbers of things on the shelf" thing. He's definitely still autistic, but he's an autistic comedian at least. He's so cute lately.

2 comments:

Barb said...

This blog should be titled "Aaron's Achievements" or "The Aaron Account." I love hearing about how quickly he's changing and developing. I know these are special moments for you.

Genny said...

"Someday my prince will come...," What a funny kid! Keep the stories coming. I enjoy the chuckle. BTW, since names have all changed, I was wondering...is he still Darren?