Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Birthday, Evan!

Today was Evan's birthday. Eleven years old! It was a little anticlimactic because we celebrated on Friday while Michael was still here, but I thought I should still mark the day, on the day. And he's pretty happy since he got everything on his list (at least the original list before all the "Oh yeah, and did you remember that I wanted?s" kept being remembered by him after all birthday buying trips had been completed. He must be pleased with the selection as he's been playing with most of them since then. Got some cute pictures, but if I wait until I can get enough computer time to download/upload I figure I'll never get anything on here, so the account in word only will have the suffice for now.

I heard from Michael, and he and Clayton have made it back to FW after their big (very cold) backpacking adventure, so I think everyone is back home safely from all holiday travels. Are you home, Barb? It's not that I don't trust God with everyone's safety, but I like to know everyone is back where they belong. Let's me rest easier. I'll be in FW on Tuesday, hopefully, barring any major problems. So I'll see everyone there soon - yea!

3 comments:

Genny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVAN! Glad to hear that all presents are being appreciated. I can also account for Barb, who I picked up at the airport this afternoon.

Please hurry here soon. My brain is searching for its other half.

Barb said...

Genny's comments made me laugh! Thanks for accounting for me. Yes, I'm here and definitely BACK in the swing of things with school, work, choir, life, etc. Why is it that the day after vacation is always the busiest, when it's the one that should be the slowest to give us a chance to get accustomed to being back? This will be a LONG week, but I'll see you at rehearsal tomorrow hopefully. Yes, please be there - Genny with half a brain is an interesting experience.

Genny said...

OK. I don't think we need any more comments about my 1/2 of a brain. I'm sensitive, you know!