Monday, May 26, 2008

BEACH!

We've arrived and are now hoping everyone else is leaving. It was soooo crowded when we got here. Of course I know it's a major holiday, but the beaches were all wall to wall people - yuck! We were spoiled the last time we came in early May. It felt like we were the only ones here. I really am hoping everyone has left by morning - and yes, I mean everyone - I really would like to have the entire island to oursleves - not too much to ask, is it? And we're hoping the weather holds. The reports keep changing - from mild and sunny to thunderstorms. I needed the get away just to rest, but I was hoping it would include several days of sitting on a beach, not looking at the beach through the rain out our living room window. And my allergy/migraine/whatever is now trying to turn into bronchitis. I'm hoping the sea air helps - can't hurt, certainly. I'll try and keep you posted on the (leaving) people, weather, illness and all other manner of drama and mayhem my bunch seems bent on inflicting on me - they all seem so LOUD, but maybe it's just the fifth day of a bad headache talking... Mark and the kids are playing poker in the living room with doritos and Aaron is singing "Pinky and the Brain" in Spanish beside me here in the bedroom. I think I'll take some more medicine and go to bed. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

4 comments:

Barb said...

I hope you feel better so you can actually enjoy the rejuvenating power of the beach. Look forward to seeing pictures.

Anonymous said...

I second that - feel better! and enjoy your time at the beach!

Kaitlin and Katie said...

Although I am jealous of your beachtime fun, I wish you all a happy holiday. Try not to burn too much.. Haha! I'm really glad you guys take time off to be together, you all deserve some family time.

Enjoy! And post lots of pictures. I'll also want to hear all the funny stories as soon as you guys get home!

Genny said...

Lots of prayers going up from here that you will feel better and God will bless you with much needed rest. Remember: A bad day at the (crowded) beach is better than a good day working!