Saturday, January 26, 2008

Red River Adventure - Day 1

We have arrived in Red River and are ready to ski in the morning. It's so cold! Watched the torchlight parade down the face of the mountain complete with fireworks tonight, but my camera batteries died right before it started. And it only happens on Saturday night. Very annoyed about that one. Michele got a couple but I don't know if they came out very good. I've taken tons of pictures.

West Texas was covered with windmills. They put way more up since the last time I was out this way. One stretch of road side had over 100, and that was just the ones I could see. We saw 3 18-wheelers in Fort Worth one day carrying a blade each for one windmill. You realize they are big, but not quite that big. Another stretch had way more that that. They went on for miles.

Okay - computer's doing strange things, so I'm going to send this and try to post some more pictures and I can't figure out why it's underlining this either. Very strange!

1 comments:

Paige said...

Enjoy your vacation from being an accountant in Afghanistan! Seriously, have a wonderful time!