Monday, January 28, 2008

some day 3 pics

Our first day of skiing - I took this picture about half-way up the mountain with Michele. That's the town down there.


Michele and Logan (my nephew) on the mountain

Aaron and Michele on the lift

Evan and Michele. Michele was very sweet to ski with Evan and Aaron on the bunny slope.

Evan falling. (He got lots of practice getting up.)

Today was nasty with snow and strong winds. It's not as much fun with the snow blasting in your face. It looked really pretty, but there was so much snow that it made skiing very difficult. The snow was so deep in spots it would stop you in your tracks and throw you down.

We took the boys sledding and they kept get getting stuck in drifts. Aaron went in up to his waist once. We had to pull him out. We haven't downloaded pics from today yet since it was my turn to cook supper. Tomorrow's going to be 10 degrees but it's going to feel like 10 below.
Sounds like fun, right?

3 comments:

Barb said...

That looks like so much fun! Though the weather doesn't sound all that pleasant. Bundle up and hit the slopes. Just don't run into any trees. It's not pleasant (I know this from experience!).

Genny said...

No snow here, of course, but the winds are brutal! I feel like my hair is getting pulled out by the roots when I'm outside.

Melissa said...

The winds here are beyond brutal. And beyond cold too.